Thursday, December 22, 2011

Robin Thicke Talks Multiple Orgasms, Good Black Men and Why He Never Dated A White Woman

image

Your Black Woman reports:

Known for his soulful sound and determination to be accepted by the content of his discography as opposed to the color of his skin, Robin Thicke makes sure that Black women remember that he’s married to one of us in an exclusive Essence interview.

Married to the drop-dead gorgeous Paula Patton for 6-years, their white-hot romance (pun intended) has been on display for the world to see. Whether at one of her movie premieres or one his performances, their intimate connection has never been called into question.

His latest album, Love and War, is a testimony of their 18-year voyage together (they’ve been dating since high school) and he holds nothing back when sharing what make their relationship stand the test of time --- Spoiler Alert: He calls her mama and she calls him daddy. He also makes it very clear that he loves Black women and that “I’ve never dated a White woman. Don’t want to. I’ve never been on a date with a White woman.”

On Sex:

ESSENCE: If someone saw you whispering in Paula’s ear, what would you probably be saying?


THICKE: I can’t wait to get you home and love you up for two to three hours. I like to try to get her into double-digit orgasms as much as possible. It doesn’t happen all the time, but when I’ve got my mojo and my swag, it happens. Every few months it’s just like bam -- repeated. Repeated! I like her to just be going crazy in the bedroom.

On Black Women and Raising Inter-racial Children:

ESSENCE: What’s is Paula’s sexiest quality?


THICKE: It’s her intelligence and her strength. I’ve never met a stronger person who stands by their will and their moral values. She is such an amazing human being. Ever since I met her and we were 16 years old and she was the president of the Black student union and I was just a silly White boy who didn’t understand or have compassion.


I had no animosity, but I just didn’t understand the Black experience in America and how different it is -- and most White people can’t. You can’t understand it until you are with somebody every day and you have a child that you know is Black, you then understand that, wow, what a different experience Black people and in particular Black women have to go through.
I have a song on my new album called, “I Don’t Know How It Feels to Be You,” and she and I were in the middle of an argument and she said, “Robin, no matter how hard you try, or how compassionate you are, you’ll never know what it’s like to be a Black woman.” So I got up and I wrote this song in five minutes. The lyrics are: “I don’t know how it feels to by you, though I try my best to understand what you’re going through, I don’t know how it feels to be you. I can’t walk in your shoes. But, I’m trying baby. You know how much I love you.”

On Black Men:

ESSENCE: The media often tells Black women that they’re better off dating White guys. What’s your response to that?


THICKE: I think that’s ridiculous. There are so many good Black men out there that are hardworking, decent, and handsome, you know? To start that rumor is as bad as starting any other negative rumor. There are great Black men out there. There are only a few good White men -- trust me. (Laughs) Good luck finding a good White man who understands your journey. I only have three White friends. I’ve got 20 Black male friends, who are all good men who take good care of their wives, and good care of their children. I know amazing Black men. Maybe the women have to take better care of their men. Maybe you’re being too stubborn. Maybe you’re not saying you’re sorry. You have to take good care of him, too. You have to give love to get love.

2 comments:

FunkyStarkitty50 said...

I love him. He's funny, intelligent and talented(LOVE the new album!!!)He's also right even though he may get bashed for some of the comments he made. It's great that he has racial awareness too. Paula is a lucky woman and it's great that they have such a long relationship that seems to be working.

Anonymous said...

This is one niggery site. I see others are posting here too