Sunday, November 1, 2009

ROBER TOWNSEND BACK TO WORK

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s kind of like ‘Twilight Zone’ or ‘Hitchcock’ because I was a fan of those shows as a kid, and I’m acting as a Rod Serling type character where I introduce the different vignettes,” Townsend continued. “They will make you laugh, they will make you cry, and they will give you hope. The format is totally different. It’s never been done, but I’ve always been kind of in a zone by myself anyway, for me to pioneer a new concept of gospel music; a celebration.”

*Actor/director/producer Robert Townsend has been doing the “Hollywood Shuffle” since he debuted the film of the same name in 1987.

More than two decades, several film projects, a four-year reign heading up the Black Family Channel, and more later, Townsend has teamed up to form Bell Town Productions with Bishop Eddie Long among comedy and drama projects.

read more click here

No comments: